Thursday, June 30, 2005

One Dark and Stormy Afternoon...

Yesterday was a dark and stormy afternoon, there were big black clouds rolling in from the East, so I grabbed my iPod and hopped in my car to drive to work.


Drawing by Mike Posted by Hello

As I drove towards the library the sky grew even more foreboding and I knew that we were going to be in for one hell of a storm. About this time I realized that the basement would most likely flood if the rain was heavy so I whipped out my cell phone to call my brother and ask him to pick all of my guitars up off the basement floor.


Drawing By Mike Posted by Hello

Although you can not see it in my illustration, by the time I got to work it was raining pretty hard, but not hard enough to stop me from going out onto the front porch of the library to watch the lightning hit every building in sight. When I came back in from the porch I was just in time to pick up the phone. My Mom was on the other end of the line and she delivered the sad news.


Drawing By Mike Posted by Hello

She told me that the basement was indeed very flooded but fortunately my brother had gone down there and picked all of my valuables up off of the floor and moved them to higher ground. Although none of my awesome stuff that I know that all of you covet secretly in the darkest corners of your heart, was harmed it is still a colossal pain in the neck to clean up.


secretly I found myself wishing for the first time in my life that my Dad was really Moses of biblical fame; that way he would be able to hold back the water as it seeped...I mean roared into the cellar. And as long as my Dad is Moses I might as well get to be Superman so that I could dry the cellar up with my X-Ray vision and super-breath!


Drawing By Mike Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Moses stick!? Hahaha!!!

Anyway, seeing as your basement is prone to flooding, you might want to store all of your guitars and iPod and DVDs and whatever else I secretly covet, at my apartment. I mean, I'm all the way on the 2nd floor. Practically flood proof. And what's this going to cost you? Free of charge, my friend. I'm just that awesome.

12:21 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

here, here! i second sam's proposal.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home