Friday, August 26, 2005

DOOMED!!!


Everyone goofs off at work. That has to be one of Newton's laws, I mean lets face it popular tradition has it that Newton himself was goofing off when he discovered gravity.

As I was saying everyone goofs off at work, I am no exception...actually I probably goof off more than any of you could possibly imagine. I have many clever ninja-esque techniques that allow me to goldbrick without detection. Every once in a while these techniques fail. Take today for example. I was sitting in my office downloading the new DOOM trailer when the Director of the Library and the Vice President of the College step into my office to have a quick chat.

With feline reflexes I minimize the window and pull up the decoy application that helps me fool the unwashed masses into believing that I am actually doing work. Everything appears to be going well until Quicktime, thoughtfully, decided to automatically begin playing the trailer once the download completed. By this time I am no longer at my desk but across the room too far away to close the window that is now showcasing Vin Diesel kicking alien demon ass. Naturally I decided to download the fullscreen trailer not the postage stamp sized one.

After the trailer finishes there is a moment of silence and I say the only thing that a person can say in that situation. "Whoops." Fortunately everyone laughed and I don't think that I will get into too much trouble over this incident. I do know that I will be modifying some of the default settings on Quicktime.

5 Comments:

Blogger sfitzgersmith said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:23 PM  
Blogger sfitzgersmith said...

I didn't know Vin Diesel was in the movie. I thought it was THe Rock?

1:25 PM  
Blogger TheDarkLordDerfla said...

Ummm...So yeah about that movie evidently it is the Rock and not Vin.

Sorry.

3:22 PM  
Blogger bryan said...

well..i know i've had that experience of "mirage" windows for things a little less appropriate than Doom trailer..
and as far as that goes, it doesnt look like they tried to maintain that clostrophobic feeling that the game tended to give. once again..another shitty game-to-movie transition..besides tom berringer should really be the guy who's the head of the pack, not the Rock.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Jason D. said...

Get to work!!!!!!!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home