Wednesday, March 16, 2005

When I Wake Up...

When I woke up this morning my sister asked me why I get up so early if I do not have to be to work until one o'clock. The simplest answer is that I love the mornings. I have always been a morning person, or an early-riser. I remember staying over my grandparents house and going downstairs early in the morning to pull up all the shades and watch the sun come up with my Grandmother while she made breakfast. Even when I was in highschool I would wake up an hour and a half before the bell rang just so that I could get to school early enough to hang out with my friends. I love being the first one in the building and I love being the only one awake and out of bed in the house.

I have a very simple morning routine, I wake up at around 6:30am and then I slip into my green bathrobe and go downstairs to make a pot of coffee. A lot of people will start a pot of coffee and then hop in the shower while it brews. I did this for a little while until the coffee-maker began to spill all of the coffee all over the floor. There is nothing so devastating as seeing you coffee in a puddle on the ground and realizing that you do not have enough beans to make a second pot. Because of this incident I like to hang around and watch the coffee pot to make sure that nothing goes wrong.

As soon as the coffee has finished brewing I pour a mug, and head upstairs to take a shower.


Drawing By Mike Posted by Hello


When I take a shower there are two things that I must have, the first is a radio and the second is plenty of cold water. I know some of you may be cringing right now but I love cold showers, some people would call them invigorating but I believe that bracing would be a more accurate term. How cold are my showers? Let me put it this way I don't even fog up the mirrors. I have been showering with a boom box for as long as I can remember. Sometimes I listen to the radio but most of the times I will pop in a CD to sing along with.



Drawing By Mike Posted by Hello

Sometimes I select one song to enjoy for the entire length of my shower, maybe its a fun song that I happen to enjoy or that happens to place me in a good mood. Other times it may be an anthem that will get me pumped up enough to triumph over the challenges that the new day brings. Either way one thing is certain I will play that song at the loudest volume that I can get away with, despite the fact that my brother and sister are most likely still sleeping. I also like to sing along with the radio...I can't vouch for my siblings but I think that I happen to have a pretty good singing voice. As soon as I finish with my shower I will drink my cup of coffee to warm up. This is the best part of the day for me, hot coffee after a cold shower and I still have breakfast to enjoy.

After my shower I get dressed for the day and go down to the living room where I like to watch some T.V. or read for a little while. This is the best time of day to attempt this because nobody else is up yet.


Drawing By Mike Posted by Hello

I watch a little T.V. and eat my breakfast in peace. Sure I may not be the most considerate person in the house when I wake up; what with the coffee grinder and the singing in the shower, but I am not a hypocrite. I never yell at anyone else for waking me up because I have a very simple motto: If I am up then everyone else should be up too. I wouldn't want them to miss the best part of the day.

6 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

mike. if you lived in my house there would be any variety of beatings for you to choose from in the morning. you fascist.

i do have to commend you on your drawings; markers, crayons, stickers and highlighters, very impressive.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Pienthesky said...

Mike: Very funny and very true; however in your last picture you look very french, your hair looks much like a beret!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Mike... your artistic skills are growing by leaps and bounds. Right on! Oh... does your sister really have a Kenny Chesney poster on her wall?

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, there's a few comments I'd like to make on this Blog of mike's. Number 1 it is not correct, Yes Mike does wake up way too early but after waking up he sits on his ass for the morning watching TV and being loud. Number 2 I feel that mikey's drawings do not capture the amount of anger I have towards his each morning. Numbher 3 I do not have a kenny Chesney poster on my wall, however I do enjoy Kenny's music. Number 4 I realize I am only at the house one night a week and breaks but when there I have found my dad makes the coffee....sorry but I felt I had to clear it up...hahah

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Few things I'd like to clear up about Mikey's blog. 1- once Mike wakes up at the crack of dawn he does not follow this so called "routine" he sits on his ass watching TV for a while. 2- Mikey did not truly capture the amount of anger I hold towards him each and every morning, it's a large amount. 3- I understand I only sleep at the house once a week and during break/holidays but during this time I have found my father makes the coffee. 4- I do not have a Kenny Chesney Poster on my wall, however I do enjoy his music at times. 5- As for mike's pictures: his beard is not that long. I would never let it happen....felt i needed to clear this all up hahaha

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok stupid blogger said my first commen t was erased thats why I wrote a second sorry guys....

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home