Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Force Is Strong With My Cactus?

Late last week I was sitting in my office at work innocently surfing the net when a student came up to the door and wrinkled up her face and pronounced that I had the messiest office she had ever seen.

I explained to her that I shared this office with several other people and this happened to be a very busy time of year for us, and we have to store a lot of the reserve materials for classes inside the office.

She shrugged and told me that it must be impossible for me to accomplish anything in such a dump.

I tried to explain to her that my office was like the Millennium Falcon of offices, it may not be much to look at but it has it where it counts...then I realized that this was quite possibly one of the geekiest things I have ever uttered to a nongeek. So I just shrugged and went back to surfing the net.

But you know I couldn't help thinking that if my office is the Millennium Falcon then that must mean that I am Han Solo and my Christmas Cactus is obviously Chewbacca.


Drawing By Mike Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...mom always said you were a special child...

7:59 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

What's a Christmas Cactus? Is it like a Hanukah cactus?

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
That would burstingly funny. The cactus Chewy - sheer genius of gregardious humorificness.
Take care.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm--the Star Wars stuff never goes away... And what would be the Ewoks???

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home